Thursday, October 3, 2013

I'm a Grownup?? Really??

I know...it's a silly question coming from a 36 year old mother of 2. But the reality is that I haven't felt like a grownup, not much anyways. Yes, I have that autism thing to deal with but really, for the past 12, almost 13 years, I got to play, all day, every day! When Coby was first born, I got to stay home and play with him. When I went back to work once he turned 3, I worked as a Pre-K teaching assistant, and still got to play every day, at work, then at home with my boys. Now I'm home again, and I get to hang out with Liam, get down on the floor and play, go outside, sing, dance, and be silly. I'm loving every minute.

But then it hits me. We are getting ready to go on a trip of a lifetime. We're going to Israel with 15 family members, to celebrate Coby's Bar Mitzvah. This is a right of passage. It's one of the most important days of my oldest son's life, a day which he has been preparing for for nearly a year. The next that will be as/more important will be his wedding day.  And as I sit and think about the amazing, talented, funny, brilliant, loving, and handsome man my son has become, I blush with pride. But really...he did all the hard work. I just had the pleasure of watching, observing, helping him along on his journey. 

So yeah, I guess having a son who is about to be Bar Mitzvah'd makes me a grownup, huh? But that's ok. I'll keep on having fun, playing, being silly, and being....mom. It's what keeps us young. 


No comments:

Post a Comment