Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Old Year Conclusions, New Years Resolutions

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately.  Our family has a lot going on,  and for better or worse, there are lessons to be learned all around. So I have come to some conclusions about the past year, and also some resolutions for the new year.

So as far as conclusions, here goes:

Friends will come and go, but family will stay and always be there for you. Some friends are always there, some are only there when it's convenient for them.  I have learned to accept that and let it go.

Seeking help when you need it is absolutely a life-saver.  After years of suffering from extreme anxiety and self-medicating just to get by, I finally got the help of a psychiatrist and a therapist. No, I'm not embarrassed to admit it! I'm a new person! I've started taking Lexapro, a great med for anxiety, and am seeing an awesome therapist regularly.  This has changed my life, and from the feedback I've gotten, my family likes me better!

My kids, Liam especially, will develop at his own pace and not an iota quicker. I have learned that comparing him to both other kids in general, and his older brother in particular, is dangerous and well, stupid.

Leggings. I love leggings. That is all!

So here is a short list of resolutions:

I will be happy whenever I possibly can, and will try very hard to not let my happiness be contingent upon others' happiness.

I will continue to accept my amazing boys for who they are, and not try to make them into something they are not.

I will spend less time on my iPad and phone, and more time with my family and friends.

I think those are pretty good for now! You all can help remind me of this path when I start to lose track!










No comments:

Post a Comment